Dr. Varuna Srinivasan
MBBS MPH FRSPH
About Dr. Varuna Srinivasan
Dr. Varuna Srinivasan is the founder of Tara Health, a digital platform built on the mission of empowering people of color to take charge of their sexual and reproductive health through education. Dr. Srinivasan is a health media specialist, gender justice activist, and freelance writer who writes on the intersection between gender, sexual health, mental health, and racial justice. Her bylines have appeared in numerous popular US-based publications such as Well+Good, The Good Trade, and Parents. She has also been featured in Business Insider, Canadian Broadcast Channel, and Bumble as an expert in her field.
- M.B.B.S. SRM University, 2015; Medicine and Surgery
- MPH Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2018; Women's Health
- Co-Chair: Women's Mental Health Conference, Yale University, (Sep 2019 - Present)
- Expert Review Board Member: Parents.com, Dotdash Meredith, (May 2022 - Present)
- Associate Director: Health Communications, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, (Jun 2022 - Present)
Awards & Honors
Dr. Varuna Srinivasan was named 'Woman of Courage' by Serena Williams in 2020 with a Vogue Magazine feature highlighting her work in advancing sexual health education in South Asian communities.